1. A delicious dinner simmering on the stove...called Chinese Braised Beef from this beautiful book and featuring home grown meat. The smell is mouthwatering
2. Golden afternoon sunshine lighting up freshly mowed grass. Not the house lawn, which still needs doing, but the grass under the young orchard.
3. Casting on the first sleeve for my Clara Bow Sweater - I've finally finished knitting the front and back! The end is in sight....
4. A plate of hors d'oeuvres that took 5 minutes to make and included our own Haloumi. I can't tell you much more about them because the recipe is so simple I'd practically be writing it. But I can tell you which book it is from (this one) and that it's well worth adding to your library.
5. A lush veggie patch producing enough for us to have meals from, as well supplementing some of the animal's diets.
6. Having the fire going all day
7. A posy of pretty flowers on a tidy sideboard
8. A shell and a piece of coral gathered from yesterday's spontaneous and much enjoyed trip the to beach. The coastal warmth was a lovely change, especially when battling with a cold.
9. A loaf of sourdough rising away happily in it's banneton
10. Having two beautiful Border Collies relaxing by the fire, one because she's just done some sheep work (Rilla) and the other because she's worn her self out simply by being a puppy (Bambi).
When I write posts here, I hope that they might inspire some people the way other's blogs inspire me. Thank-you to those of you who left comments on my last post, it was lovely to hear from so many of you that you find this space inspiring
Now, what good things are happening in your world right now?